Cockroaches tend to get into everything. You may find them in your cabinets, on your counters, and even in your clothing! There are a few different species of cockroaches that you may encounter, but they all have one thing in common…they are nasty! Not only do they look gross, but they also spread bacteria all over the surfaces in your home. They can also get into your food and contaminate it.
In order to avoid roaches, take these tips into consideration:
- Place weather-stripping around your doors and windows.
- Inspect the exterior of your house or business for roaches.
- Vacuum and clean often.
- Inspect your packages for cockroaches before bringing them inside.
Mosquitoes are terrible. Whether they are buzzing around your head or biting you, they are very annoying. Along with leaving itchy bite marks behind, they can also be pretty dangerous. Mosquitoes are known around the world for being carriers of viruses and diseases. Because of this, you don’t want them breeding and nesting on your property.
To avoid a mosquito infestation, consider these tips:
- Get rid of any standing water around the house.
- Keep your grass cut short.
- Fill in any holes on your property.
- Turn any buckets or containers in your yard upside down.
- Remove overgrown vegetation, debris, and stumps from your property.
Colonies of ants can grow to the thousands. Keep this in mind when you see a few ants running off with crumbs. You’ll want to stop the spread as soon as you can. Whether they are Argentine, sugar, or fire ants, you don’t want them in your home. They are a real nuisance.
If you would like to avoid an ant infestation, take these tips into consideration:
- Close off openings to the outside of your property.
- Rinse out containers and cans before tossing them out.
- Use weather-stripping for your doors and windows.
- Remove any debris, branches, and overgrown vegetation from your property.
Many people around the world are scared of spiders, and this should come as no surprise. While some spiders are relatively harmless, others can be very dangerous. Their bites can land you in the hospital!
To avoid an infestation of spiders, consider the following:
- Repair or replace torn door and window screens.
- Close your doors and windows when they aren’t in use.
- Close off any gaps to the outside of your home.
- Remove branches, rock piles, and debris from your property.
- Remove spiderwebs when you see them.
“Don’t let the bed bugs bite,” is actually really good advice. Bed bugs are extremely annoying, and they cause itching and discomfort. These bugs feed on human blood, and they can be tricky to get rid of. They also can spread around your house over time—leading to a bigger infestation.
If you want to avoid bugs in your bed, consider these tips:
- Wash your sheets and clothing regularly.
- Wash any clothing you bring home from the store.
- Avoid purchasing a used bed, frame and furniture.
- Keep your home clean and vacuumed.
There are a lot of different types of rodents. Some common rodents you may find in your home include mice, Norway rats, and roof rats. These rodents may hide away in your walls and do damage to your home. They also may chew through your wires and get into your food. You don’t want these disease-spreaders around.
If you want to avoid rodents, follow these steps:
- Take out the trash often.
- Clean and vacuum regularly.
- Close your doors and windows when not using them.
- Don’t leave open containers on the counter.
Wasps and hornets look similar to bees, but they can be a lot more dangerous. Wasps and hornets are known for being particularly mean and aggressive. They have painful stings, and they can sting more than once and survive. On top of all of this, some people are allergic to wasps and hornets. They may not even know it! This means a sting can land them in the hospital. If you have a wasp or hornet nest on your property, contact Nationwide Pest Control. We’ll send out a specialist to safely remove the wasp or hornet nest, destroy the wasps or hornets, and make sure they don’t come back.
Ticks are bloodsucking insects that can cause quite a bit of trouble. Not only can they feed off of your dog or cat, but they can also bite you as well. Having a tick or ticks attached to you is gross, but it can also be dangerous. Ticks carry disease and can make you very ill. You’ll want to get rid of these parasites as soon as you see them.
Here are some tips for avoiding ticks:
- Check your pets when they spend time outdoors.
- Cut your grass and other vegetation in your yard.
- Vacuum and clean your home regularly.
- Use tick control programs for your pets.
Termites and carpenter ants
Termites and carpenter ants are well-known for being extremely destructive pests. They do billions of dollars in property damage every year. You don’t want to be part of this statistic! As soon as you notice termites or carpenter ants, you’ll want to contact Nationwide Pest Control. It’s necessary to have a specialist handle this issue. Pest control specialists are able to find all of the termites or carpenter ants hiding in your walls and floors and destroy them fully.