If you are looking to treat bed bugs (Palm Beach FL) in your home, we at Nationwide Pest Control are here to help! Aside from finding a trusted bed bug exterminator in your city, we also have resources to help you understand if you do in fact have a bed bug problem.
Signs to Identify Bed Bug Activity in Your Home
If you are concerned about bed bugs in your home there are a few helpful signs you can use to identify a bed bug problem.
- A sweet musty odor
- Small speckled bloodstains on your linens or chairs
- Tiny brown stains from bed bug fecal matter
- Bed bug bites which are red and itchy, similar to a mosquito bite but usually smaller
- Bed bug shell casings or live bed bugs
Where Do Bed Bugs Hide?
Bed bugs hide in a variety of places and bed bug eggs are difficult to notice with the untrained eye as they are about the size of a speck of dust. They tend to take up residence in one area of your home and later bed bugs spread to other areas. Both baby bed bugs and adult bed bugs are small enough to hide in the head of a screw but can be found just about anywhere from furniture to the walls!
Bed Bug Extermination (Palm Beach Fl)
Ridding your home of South Florida bed bugs requires you to kill bed bugs. Unfortunately, bed bug infestations can spread rapidly which means you need to eliminate bed bugs the moment you see them. It helps to first identify all of the bed bug infested areas in your home and contain the affected areas. It may be best to use a trusted pest control company from Nationwide Pest Control to ensure your home is bed bug free. If you would like to attempt to eliminate bed bugs yourself you can try some of these DIY treatment methods below.
- Bed bug heat treatments such as placing your affected linens and clothes in hot water and high heat such as a dryer can be effective.
- Using a steam cleaner to clean your furniture and get into hard to reach areas.
- Vacuum bed bug infested areas and seal the bed bugs in a closed bag afterwards and place in a very hot or very cold area such as a freezer or a very hot room. You may need to leave the bad there for 2-5 months to unsure the bed bugs have died.
Some items may have to be thrown out but prior to throwing out these items it is best to place a sign on them stating that they are bed bug infested. It can be a long process to eliminate and kill bed bugs which is why calling in a professional bed bug exterminator is a great option.
Bed Bug Prevention
The best bed bug treatment is prevention! There are a few things you can do to help prevent bed bugs in your home.
- Cleaning up clutter. Although bed bugs feed off of blood, if the house is cluttered it can prevent you from noticing if you have a bed bug infestation.
- Seal off any open cracks in the walls and in particular by electrical outlets which are areas where bed bugs hide.
- Always check your belongings (suitcase/clothing/linens) when staying in a new place such as a hotel or a friend’s house. Bed bugs spread easily from one place to another.
- Cover your mattress with a plastic zip-tight cover to help protect it if bed bugs do enter your home.
Where to Find Professional Bed Bug Exterminators
If killing bed bugs is not a desirable activity for you as it is not for many, you can find a professional pest control company on our site Nationwide Pest Control. We are the #1 pest referral network in the nation. You can choose from our many listed pest control companies located in Palm Beach or West Palm Beach FL and read reviews to find the pest control company that best fits your needs.
Don’t wait! Call (866) 584-9183 today to ensure your bed bug problem is eliminated….for good!