There’s nothing worse than finding a pest infestation in your home. You may see a mouse scurrying across your kitchen floor, or you may open a cupboard and see cockroaches eating your food. Whatever the case may be, you want to get rid of those pests quickly before they spread.
Once you’ve made the decision to seek the help of a professional exterminator, contact Nationwide Pest Control. We’ll dispatch an expert pest control specialist to remove the pests from your property and make sure they don’t come back.
How to Prepare
So, you’ve hired Nationwide Pest Control to remove the pests. Now what?
To make the pest control process that much easier, you’ll want to prepare for your exterminator. Below are a few of the most common pests, and what you can do to prepare.
- Flea Control. Before your exterminator arrives to get rid of the fleas in your home, make sure you destroy any pet bedding or wash it thoroughly in hot water. Also, mop, clean, and vacuum your home. This includes underneath your cushions.
- Ant Control. If you have ants in your home, make sure to clean up and vacuum. Also, put your food in ant-proof containers.
- Cockroaches. Clean up before your exterminator arrives. Also, please let us know if anyone in the home has allergies, is under the age of one, or is pregnant. Keep pets and people away from the area being treated. Your expert exterminator will let you know when it will be safe to be in that area.
- Termites. Clean up, then move any furniture out of the way to make it easier for your exterminator to access your walls. If closets are being treated, remove anything stored in the closet (including clothing).
- Bed Bugs. Wash your linens and sheets with hot water. Wait for a few hours after treatment to replace them. Remove personal items from the furniture in your home. Make sure any bedding material is removed from your mattress and box spring before treatment.
If you have any questions about what you should do to prepare for your exterminator, reach out to Nationwide Pest Control. We’d be happy to answer any questions you may have.
How Long Does Nationwide Pest Control Take?
The process of removing pests is often quick but it also depends on what needs to be done. If it’s just a standard treatment or preventative service, you can expect it to go very quickly. If, on the other hand, termites need to be removed from the property, the length of time may be significantly longer.
Below are the most common services, and how long you can expect them to take.
- Standard Treatment. A standard pest control treatment will often be around 30 minutes or less. This is for properties that are 2,500 square feet or less.
- Active Infestation. If there is an active infestation, it will take a little longer to treat. Expect an active infestation to take around an hour to an hour and a half.
- Termites. Removing termites is resource and labor-intensive. It will possibly take the better part of a day. Expect termite removal to take around 8 hours.
Reach out to Nationwide Pest Control for more information.
Avoiding Common Pests
Nationwide Pest Control is happy to help you with your pest control needs. With that said, it’s best to avoid pests from getting into your home and causing problems, to begin with. Below are some of the most common pests, and what you can do to avoid an infestation…
Where there is an ant, there is likely a ton more hiding somewhere. Once you see a few ants hanging around your counters or on your floor, you’ll want to start looking for the rest of the colony. If you find that there is a full infestation, you’ll need a professional pest control treatment to get rid of those ants.
Some ants are relatively harmless. Other types of ants (like fire ants) bite—which is extremely painful. It’s best to avoid ants when possible.
Here are some tips for avoiding an ant infestation:
- Fix any damage to the exterior walls of your home.
- Use weather-stripping on your windows and doors.
- Rinse off cans and food containers before throwing them in the garbage.
- Remove brush, branches, and overgrown vegetation from your yard.
While rodents aren’t insects, they are still pests. Whether it is mice, Norway rats, or roof rats, you’ll want to make sure you get rid of any rodents that have made their way into your home. Rodents are known for carrying diseases, which makes them a health hazard. Once you notice a rodent scurrying across your floor, you’ll want to take action to avoid an infestation. If there already is an infestation, you should call Nationwide Pest Control so we can professionally remove the infestation for you.
To keep rodents from making their way into your home, consider these tips:
- Keep your home clean and vacuumed.
- Don’t leave your food on the counters. Put unfinished food in containers.
- Take out your trash often. Don’t let it pile up.
- Close your doors and windows when not using them.
Pretty much everyone hates cockroaches. They are disgusting, and they spread different illnesses. You don’t want cockroaches on the surfaces of your homes spreading bacteria. There are different types of cockroaches like American, Oriental, and German. What they all have in common is how unclean they are, and how efficient they are at spreading bacteria.
To make sure you don’t get a cockroach infestation, take the following actions:
- Check the outside of your home for cockroaches.
- Use weather-stripping around your windows and doors.
- Keep your basement dry.
- Look over your packages before bringing them inside.
Wasps and hornets are similar to bees, but they are also much worse. Unlike bees that generally avoid stinging when they can, wasps and hornets are aggressive and are more likely to sting you. Not only does being stung by a wasp or hornet feel awful, but it can also be dangerous. For those with allergies, wasps and hornets can lead to a trip to the hospital. For your own safety and the safety of your friends and family, you’ll need to get rid of a wasp/hornet nest as soon as you see it.
If you notice a wasp or hornet nest on your property, contact Nationwide Pest Control so we can safely remove it. Don’t risk your own safety. We’ll make sure the pests are completely eliminated, and we’ll put measures in place to ensure they don’t return to set up another nest outside of your home.
Spiders like to spin elaborate webs in the corners of your house, and they tend to spread to different areas. While some spiders are relatively harmless, others are extremely dangerous. Their bite can lead to a visit to the hospital.
To stop spiders from making their way into your home and spinning their webs, take the following tips into consideration:
- Make sure there are no gaps leading to the exterior of your home.
- Remove spiderwebs when you see them.
- Replace torn or ripped window and door screens.
- Close your windows and doors when not using them.
- Get rid of rocks, branches, and debris from your yard.
Termites and carpenter ants are particularly harmful pests. While they aren’t known for attacking or biting, they can do a massive amount of structural damage to your home or commercial property. Actually, they are responsible for billions of dollars in damage a year. You don’t want your home to contribute to this amount.
If you notice termites or carpenter ants, contact Nationwide Pest Control immediately. You don’t want to wait around, as they will continue to spread and grow in numbers as you wait. Contact us today, and we’ll make sure those pests are professionally removed—ensuring your safety and the health of your property.
Bed bugs do, indeed, bite. And those bites are both itchy and annoying. Bed bugs also don’t stick to beds. They tend to move to different areas of the house, finding their home in your furniture.
Here are some tips for avoiding bed bugs:
- Wash your clothes when you get home from a vacation or trip.
- Wash your sheets often.
- Keep your house cleaned and vacuumed.
- If you live in an apartment, check your apartment if your neighbor gets bed bugs.
- Wash new clothes that you bring home from the store. This is especially so if you buy those clothes used.
- Avoid purchasing used furniture if you can.
Contact Nationwide Today
If you have a pest problem, we are here to help. Nationwide Pest Control employs the best pest control specialists in the business, and we guarantee the removal of the pests that are plaguing your property.
If you have an upcoming pest control service and you would like to know more about how to prepare, give us a call. We’ll answer any questions you may have. We look forward to helping you.