Once you notice pests in your home, you’ll want to investigate. Where there is one, there is often more. After a brief investigation, you found an infestation. Now what? Your first thought may be to try and handle it on your own. Once your pest problem has grown to the point of infestation, though, you’ll need to call a professional pest control specialist.
Nationwide Pest Control employs the best pest control specialists in the business. When you go with Nationwide, you can rest assured that your pest control problem will be addressed thoroughly. Say goodbye to those nasty pests!
What is the Nationwide Pest Control Process?
Once you’ve noticed an infestation, call Nationwide Pest Control. We’ll set a time for a pest control specialist to visit your home or commercial property to check out the infestation. They will also do a thorough investigation of the property to see if the pests are hiding out in other places as well. Once our exterminator has identified the problem areas, they will begin the removal process. Finally, our exterminator will put measures in place to stop the pests from coming back.
After the infestation is taken care of, you’ll want to consider an ongoing treatment plan. This will ensure the pests don’t return later on.
For more information about our extermination process, reach out to Nationwide Pest Control today. We’d be happy to answer any questions you may have.
How Long Does Pest Control Take?
How long pest control takes depends on a few different factors. One of the major factors is how intensive the extermination process is. If the infestation is particularly bad (like a termite infestation), it may take an entire day to complete. For a more standard treatment, it may be only around 30 minutes.
When you reach out to Nationwide Pest Control, we’ll discuss the infestation in more detail with you. We’ll also dispatch a specialist to survey the area. If the infestation is severe, the survey may take around 30 minutes and upwards of an hour. Once we have a better idea of what the treatment will look like, we’ll be able to give you a more specific estimate.
Once you notice a pest infestation, reach out to Nationwide Pest Control. The sooner we are able to address the infestation, the less it will spread.
- Standard Treatment. Expect standard treatment to take around 30 minutes for a property of around 2,500 square feet.
- Active Infestation. An active infestation may take around an hour to an hour and a half to treat.
- Termites. Taking into account how labor-intensive the process of getting rid of termites is, you can expect it to take up to 8 hours to complete.
Reach out to Nationwide Pest Control for more information.
Types of Pests (and How to Avoid Them)
One of the best things you can do for pest control is to ensure the pests don’t make their way inside your home, to begin with. Below are some of the most common pests, and how you can avoid an infestation. While these tips are helpful, some pests are particularly resilient. If you take these steps and still end up with an infestation or if you have an infestation already, reach out to Nationwide Pest Control today.
Whether it be mice, roof rats, or Norway rats, no one likes having rodents scurrying around their house. Many people are afraid of rats and with good reason. Rats have been known to carry a whole host of diseases, making them dangerous to have around. On top of that, they can destroy your property, chew through your wires, and get into your food.
If you want to avoid rodents in your home, consider the following steps:
- Clean and vacuum your home often.
- Put any food you are finished eating into containers; don’t leave food on the counter.
- Close your windows and doors after use.
- Don’t let your trash pile up.
The last thing you want to see on your countertop is a cockroach. Cockroaches carry different illnesses, and they get into everything—including your food. Whether they are German, Oriental, or American cockroaches, you’ll want to take action to avoid an infestation.
Here are a few tips for avoiding a cockroach infestation:
- Check the exterior of your house for cockroaches.
- Keep your basement dry.
- Use weather-stripping around your windows and doors.
- Check packages that you receive before bringing them inside.
Ants live in colonies. This is important to keep in mind when you see a few ants scurrying around carrying crumbs. If you see a few ants, it’s likely that there are more. Some ants are relatively harmless, while others (like fire ants) will sting you.
In order to avoid stings from fire ants, ants getting into your food, and an infestation in general, consider these tips:
- Rinse out food containers and cans before you toss them out.
- Use weather-stripping on your doors and windows.
- Repair any damage to the outside wall of your house.
- Get rid of overgrown vegetation and branches that are sitting in your yard.
- Rinse out containers and cans before you throw them away.
Spiders are icky and creepy. They spin their webs all over your home, which is a nuisance. On top of this, some spiders are quite dangerous. Their bite can land you in the hospital! While others are relatively harmless, you still don’t want them crawling all over your home.
Here are a few things you can do today to stop spiders from making their home in your house:
- Remove branches, rocks, and debris from your yard.
- Remove spider webs as soon as you see them.
- Close off gaps that lead to the exterior of your home.
- Replace torn or ripped window and door screens.
- Keep your doors and windows closed when you aren’t using them.
- Make sure there are no gaps that lead to the exterior of your home.
Whether they are buzzing around your head annoying you or silently biting you, mosquitoes are horrible to have around. Not only do they leave itchy marks when they bite you, but they are also known to spread diseases and viruses. While you shouldn’t freak out every time you get bit by a mosquito, it’s important to keep in mind that they can be dangerous. Because of this, you’ll want to limit your exposure to them.
If you want to avoid mosquitoes, take these tips into consideration:
- Cut your grass short.
- Get rid of any standing water in your house.
- Fill in holes in your yard, especially if they have standing water.
- Remove debris and stumps from your property.
- Turn containers and lids outside upside down.
When it comes to damaging your home, there are no worse insects than termites and carpenter ants. These two bugs alone are responsible for billions of dollars a year’s worth of property damage! Termites and carpenter ants feed off of your home and can quickly do thousands of dollars worth of damage if they aren’t taken care of. Termites are particularly prolific and will spread and multiply throughout your house. If you notice carpenter ants or termites, reach out to Nationwide Pest Control immediately. You shouldn’t try to address this issue yourself. Make sure you call in a professional to ensure the carpenter ants or termites are fully removed from your property.
Bed bugs have annoying and itchy bites. They are very small, so they may be difficult to see at first. Because of how small they are, they also may spread around your house without you noticing. Bed bugs don’t just live in beds! They can live on your furniture in other rooms of your house as well.
Here are a few things you can do to avoid bed bugs:
- Wash your clothing and sheets regularly.
- Wash your clothing when you are returning from a trip.
- As soon as you bring clothing home from the store, throw them in the wash.
- Clean your home and vacuum it regularly.
- Avoid buying used clothing and furniture. If you do, check it for bed bugs.
Wasps and hornets are similar to bees but much worse. They are far more aggressive and are more likely to sting you. Not only do those stings hurt but they can also cause an allergic reaction. If you notice wasps and/or hornets on your property, you’ll want to get rid of them as soon as possible. It can be dangerous to try and remove wasps or hornets from your property. If you notice a nest, contact Nationwide Pest Control. We’ll safely remove the nest and make sure the wasps don’t come back!
More Questions? Reach Out Today!
Nationwide Pest Control offers swift and effective pest extermination services. We guarantee that you’ll be happy with the service we provide, and we will do everything in our power to ensure your pest problem is eliminated.
If you have any questions, reach out to Nationwide Pest Control today. We look forward to speaking with you.